Sunday 25 November 2012

Derby County

Will Hughes - Derby teenager Will Hughes attracts Premier League interest as he makes England debut
Will Hughes in Action

This is just a personal view because although, I cannot get to see my beloved Rams, I do still watch from afar. I cannot make up my mind about Nigel Clough or the board. To some extent I agree with their youth policy but then if you want to compete at the top level then you have to invest.

Yesterday evening I got my first glimpse of the new team live on SKY. I was well rewarded.  The Rams have uncovered a talent which I could not believe.  I was fortunate enough to watch the debut of Roy McFarland in a Derby shirt.  I went home and told my father that I had just seen England's next centre half. His reaction was derision but then he was a Scot!

Yesterday evening I watched Will Hughes who at 17 years of age is a sensation! He has everything, vision, timing, strength and intelligence.  This 'boy' controlled the game against Birmingham by his crisp passing and involvement in the game. His timing is amazing. He has everything and I suspect that gives the Derby board a problem.

They should keep him! They won't keep him because they are greedy and parsimonious. This American company are only in the game to make a profit so Derby will never get into the Premiership under their stewardship.

The next target will be Michael Jacobs.  What a great acquisition he will become from the nether regions of Northampton Town. Give this team just two seasons of Hughes and Jacobs and the Rams fans could be dreaming again.  My plea is to give the team a chance.  Someone has done a great job of scouting the lower leagues for talent. 

Please don't sell them before they have a chance to develop. Let the Rams season ticket holders enjoy a rare talent for a couple of seasons.  It is inevitable that Will will move on and so will Michael but that is the nature of the game.

So live on this blog let me announce the arrival of Will Hughes and Michael Jacobs. Hughes in particular will be a sensation!



No comments: