Wednesday 14 December 2011

Friendships

Life is full of surprises! Today I had a lovely surprise because I rediscovered a friend who I deserved to lose. For a brief period (well brief in the years that I have lived) we could not have been closer in a work environment.


Three times we travelled to Germany with a mixed group of young people on exchange visits and we had a ball. I could not have achieved anything at that time without her support. I relied on her completely and she never let me down.


Ten years ago I survived a series of operations which included a spell in intensive care and we subsequently lost touch...my fault. I was married and she was 30 years younger than me so the friendship was suspected by everyone. They had no reason. I wonder how many other people have had a dear friendship frowned on by society and have lost touch because it is the easy way out?


Today we found each other again (she is now married) and gabbled for an hour. I am so happy! I hope that now she is married that people will accept that we just loved being with each other because it was bloody fun!

No comments: