Thursday 31 March 2011

Libya

It is not looking good for the rebels. They appear to have run out of steam and they are in disarray. The Gaddafi army is striding forward yet again and it would appear that our 'No Fly Zone' cannot stop the inevitable. It won't be too long before they are knocking on the doors of Benghazi again.

So what does NATO (Britain) do now? I suggest that we ask Germany and all our other partners in the EU (with the exception of France) to step forward and commit some resources to the NATO campaign. Of course we must remember that countries like Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Italy are unable financially to provide much in the way of support so what does that leave? Well frankly not much once the USA decides that enough is enough.

So we have to admit that our military intervention has been a ridiculous waste of money. Gaddafi has far too much armoury for a civil war. I blogged that days ago. The only way to topple him would be to put troops on the ground and that is beyond any one country in the EU... unless of course we involve the British Army. Get the picture?

Once again I hope I am wrong. I blog the most outrageous scenarios and yet time after time they have that unhappy coincidence of happening. Our lads and lasses are always on the front line. We always have a war to fight as the EU closes in on us. Every step is relentless. Every step is calculated to bring us to our knees. I have already stated the next step. I really hope that I am wrong.

We must not get involved in Libya. It is not our problem. If you get any hint that our troops will go in on the ground then you know that I am right. Not one DMS boot should tread on Libyan soil.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EU... these clowns cannot even enforce a no-fly zone properly. I've seen a report about the two libyan fighters buzzing a french frigate yesterday. Froggies are lucky that older migs cannot carry any anti-ship weaponry.