Thursday 13 May 2010

A Good Start

Isn't it refreshing to see two people committed to creating a new style of politics and then immediately announcing policies which the public actually want. It is really innovative to cut the pay of ministers because it signals that the leadership wants to lead the way and recognise that we must all tighten our belts.

Then Teresa May (Home Secretary) appears on the lunchtime news and announces that police will soon be back on the streets! I must admit that I have never known why police officers couldn't record their evidence/notes which could then be processed professionally by competent word processors back at the office. In this way any police officer with literacy weaknesses would not be burdened with written reports.

Looking down the list of Cabinet Ministers all I can see are competent politicians many of whom have business experience. Comparing them to the NoLab crowd of professional politicians with nothing other than dogma and prejudice to guide them I have a renewed hope for the future of our country.

I sincerely hope that we have seen the end of Mandelsson, Brown, Balls, Campbell et al. If I ever begin to forget the past nightmare decade I will at least have this blog as a record. Perhaps in years to come my ancestors will not believe what we have been through as a nation. I liken it to what the country may have thought at the end of the Second World War. A huge relief!

No comments: