Thursday 28 May 2009

The Internet

Yesterday my internet service provider decided to take a day off. Throughout the day I tried at intervals to reach this blog and my mail without success. Today I am back on line again but there has been no explanation as to why I was out on a limb yesterday.

It made me realise just how dependent I have become on this medium for my news and information. I read a daily newspaper but somehow it does not always provide me with an accurate picture particularly of politics. The controlled media gives you a version of the truth, their version but it is only when one reads the blogs that the real story can be pieced together.

If I cannot rely on ny service provider I will have to change because an interruption of such length is really not acceptable.

No comments: