Wednesday 3 September 2008

Andy Murray

I am not a tennis fan really. I like all sports but for some reason tennis does not appeal to me. I actually then draw a line because the progress of any British tennis player does interest me!

Over my years of watching sport and in particular tennis we have come up short for about 40 years! Ever since Virginia Wade won at Wimbledon in 1977 we have never had anyone with a champion's mentality. For years we watched Tim Henman, Greg Rusedski and before them people like Roger Taylor but now we have a player with a champion's mentality.

Andy Murray is a fouled mouthed brat! He has grown up in a sport where only the tough survive. Watching tennis is like watching the gunfight at the OK Coral. The weak go the the wall and this boy is not weak. He is the real deal so hang on and enjoy the ride because one day Andy Murray will win Wimbledon. That is a really big call but I think that he is that good.

No comments: