Friday 22 February 2008

Rendition Flights and our Lying Politicians

Now I must make one thing clear when I Blog about this issue. If I thought that a prisoner had information which would save innocent lives then I have no compulsion that I would make every attempt to get him to spill the beans. Similarly if young 'British'males are found opposing our troops in a war zone then they should be regarded as the enemy and disposed of. War is war it is very unpleasant and lots of people get hurt but war is for keeps so if you don't want to suffer then keep away.

When the issue of these so called rendition flights landing on British territory was first aired my immediate thought was 'so what'. We are fighting side by side with the Americans so if they want our assistance then they can have it as far as I am concerned.

I only started to sit up and take notice when Jack Straw the then Foreign Secretary stood up in the Commons and denied that we had anything to do with it. Now I wouldn't trust Jack Straw to walk my dog across the road so I knew that there had to be a link. Nine days later (22 Dec 2005) Tony Blair said ' I have absolutely no evidence to suggest that anything illegal has been happening here at all...I don't know anything about it." That clinched it for me; we were definitely involved and we just had to wait for the truth to come out.

Now David Milliband (surely the least convincing Foreign Secretary ever in our history) has admitted that they both lied and it was indeed going on. Are we surprised? Tony Blair is long gone but Jack Straw is now the Justice Minister (Ha!). Surely he should be called to explain how he didn't know what was going on when he was Foreign Secretary? Well of course he should but don't hold your breath. You know what this lot are like.

No comments: